Security critical supervision systems are exposed to an increasing number of threats, which have deep consequences in domains such as energy, transport, and defense.
It is crucial to build components that can better resist such threats.
Systerel implements a secure and open-source OPC-UA Toolkit
- EAL4+ security level
- High assurance (formal methods)
- Compliant with safety standards (IEC 61508)
- Specific design for embedded systems
- Open-source (sources available here)
- Security certification by ANSSI (French National Agency for Computer Security) planned in 2019
The next standard for industry 4.0 interoperability: OPC-UA
OPC-UA ? Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture
OPC-UA is a standard overseeing interoperability and data exchange for industrial communications. It provides safe and secure means to connect supervision systems (SCADA) with programmable logic controller (PLC), actuators, and field systems.
- International standard (IEC 62541)
- Open, independent from manufacturers, programming languages, and operating systems
- Secure and reliable: secure communications on open networks
- Interoperable, multi-platform, upgradeable
- Model Based, Object Oriented technology
- Pub/Sub communication model
OPC-UA: the choice for Industry 4.0 and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)
The German federal office for information security (BSI) evaluated OPC-UA positively.
In its architecture benchmark (RAMI 4.0), the German platform for Industry 4.0 made OPC-UA mandatory for the “communication” layer.
In France, the OPC foundation works with the normalization group of the Alliance pour l’Industrie du Futur to define its own reference model.
The OPC foundation
The OPC foundation is an international organization which promotes and maintains the OPC standards. The foundation gathers more than 500 members, from automation system providers to end users.
Systerel is a member of the OPC foundation.